সোমবার, ২৪ ফেব্রুয়ারি, ২০১৪

Lecture Sheet On Tag Question (Best)

Lecture Sheet for TagQuestions

For S.S.C / H.S.C
Arif Khandakar, M.A (English),    Mobile: 01717-446139

Tag Question: Tag k‡ãi evsjv A_© nj GKwU ev‡K¨i mv‡_ Av‡iKwU evK¨ Ry‡o †`Iqv|

Example: Maya reads English, doesn’t he?

Short Form of Tag Question

1.
          Be Verb
Be Short Form Of  Tag

Is / Are / Was / Were
Isn’t  / Aren’t  / Wasn’t  / Weren’t
2.
Have Verb
Short / Tag Form

Have / Has / Had
Haven’t  / Hasn’t  / hadn’t
3.
Modal Verb
Short / Tag Form

Could / Would / Should / Might / May / Must / ought to

Couldn’t / Wouldn’t / Shouldn’t / Mightn’t
 / Mayn’t / Mustn’t / oughtn’t to


Some Alternatives
Short Form

Am / Can / Will / Shall
Aren’t / Can’t  / Won’t / Shan’t
4.
Semi-Modal Verbs
Short Form

Need to / Needs to / Needed to
don’t / doesn’t / didn’t

Dare to / Dares to / Dared to
don’t / doesn’t / didn’t

Need not  / Needs not
 Dare not / Dares not
Need   / Needs
Dare  / Dares
5.
Do Verbs
Short Form

Go, Come, Play, Drink, Know
Prepare, Speak etc.
Tense Abyhv‡q Helping Verb (Don’t / doesn’t / didn’t e‡m|
Tag Question mvavibZ `yB cÖKvi t
1| Positive Statement (nu¨v-‡evaK wee„wZ) t g~j evK¨ Positive Statement n‡j Tag Question Negative nq|
Example: 
1. He is honest, isn’t he?
2. Everything looked beautiful, didn’t it?      
3. I should do this, shouldn’t I?
               
4. I went there, didn’t I?
5. He has a computer, doesn’t / hasn’t he?
6. Maya had a mobile, didn’t / hadn’t she?
                        

2| Negative Statement (bv-‡evaK wee„wZ) t g~j evK¨ Negative Statement n‡j Tag Question Positive nq|
Example: 
1. He is not honest, is he?
2. Everything did not look nice, did it?      
3. I should not do this, should I?
               
4. I went there, did I?
5. He has no computer, does / has he?
6. Maya had no mobile, did / had she?
                        

Rules of Tag Questions
1.  Be Verb (Am / is / are / was / were) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|

Structure t Sub: + Be (Am / is / are / was / were) + ob: + extension, Be Verb (Aren’t / isn’t / aren’t / wasn’t / weren’t) + Sub: + ?

Example: 
1. He is honest, isn’t he?
2. Swanan was very honest, wasn’t he?      
3. Piash and Ahnaf are students, aren’t they?
               
4. The book is blue, isn’t it?
5. Cows are domestic animals, aren’t they?
6. Maya is going to Kushtia, isn’t she?
                        

Be Verb (Am not / is not / are not / was not / were not) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|

Structure t Sub: + Be Verb (Am / Is / Are / Was / Were) + not + ob: + extension, Be Verb (Are / is/ are / was/ were) + Sub: +?

Example: 
1. He is not honest, is he?
2. Swanan was not very dishonest, was he?      
3. Tomal and Rahat are not farmers, are they?   
4. The tiger is not calm, is it?
5. Mangoes are not sweet, aren’t they?
6. Maya is not going to Kushtia, is she?
                        

2.     Have verb (Have / has / had) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|
Structure t Sub: + Have verb (Have / has / had) + ob: + extension,   don’t / haven’t / doesn’t / hasn’t / didn’t / hadn’t) + Sub: +?
Example: 
1. He has a computer, doesn’t / hasn’t he?
2. Swanan has one brother, doesn’t / hasn’t he?
             
3. Maya had a mobile, didn’t / hadn’t she?
4. The book had popularity to all, didn’t / hadn’t it?                        

Have verb (Have no / has no / had no) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|
Structure t Sub: + Have verb (Have no / has no / had no) + ob: + extension, have / has/ had) + Sub: +?
Example: 
1. I have no computer, have I?
2. Durjoy has no sister, has he?
              
3. Maya had no mobile, had she?
4. The book had popularity to all, hadn’t it?                        

Have verb (Have / has / had + mv3) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|
Structure t Sub: + Have / has / had + mv3 + ob: + extension,   haven’t / hasn’t / hadn’t + Sub: +?
Example: 
1. I have done the sum, haven’t I?
2. He has finished his homework, hasn’t he?      
4. We had seen him, hadn’t we?
5. Mira had got the job, hadn’t she?
                     

Have verb (Have not / has not / had not + mv3) hy³ ev‡K¨i Tag Questions wb‡gœi wbq‡g n‡e|
Structure t Sub: + Have not / has not / had not + mv3+ ob: + extension,   have / has / had + Sub: +?
Example: 
1. I have not done the sum, haven’t I?
2. He has not finished his homework, has he?      
4. We had not seen him, had we?
5. Mira had not got the job, had she?
                     

3.     Do verb (Do / does / did, play, fly. come, like, dislike etc) A_v©r Present Indefinite / Past Indefinite Tense Gi †¶‡Î
Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob: ,doesn’t / don’t / didn’t + Sub: +?

Example: 
1. We went there, didn’t we?
2. Mira makes tea, doesn’t she?           
3. He invited me, didn’t he?
4. Raz and Manik play football, don’t they
                        




4.      g~j Sentence wU Affirmative  (nu¨v-†evaK) n‡j, Tag Question  wU n‡e Negative (bv †evaK) nq

Structure t Sub: + verb + ob, helping verb (Tense Abyhv‡q e‡m) + n’t + Sub: +?

Example: 
1. Fishes can swim, can’t they?
2. The man would do it, wouldn’t he?            
3. He is a liar, isn’t he?
               
4. He invited me, didn’t he?
5. I will make tea, won’t I?                              
6. He may pass the exam, mayn’t he?
                        

     5. g~j Sentence wU Negative (bv-†evaK) n‡j Tag Question wU n‡e Affirmative (nu¨v-†evaK) nq |
Structure t Sub: + Negative Statement + ob: helping verb (Tense Abyhv‡q e‡m) + Sub: +?
    
Example: 

1. You need not go to the field, need you?
2. I shall never tell a lie, shall I?      
3. He doesn’t take sugar in the tea, does he?   
                
4. I have few friends, do / have I?
5. There is little water, is there?                              
6. They hardly come here, do they?
                        

6. g~j ev‡K¨ †Kvb mvnvh¨Kvix Verb (Auxiliary verb) bv _vK‡j Tag wn‡m‡e Present Indefinite Tense Gi Tag Question n‡e
     
      Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob: ,doesn’t / don’t + Sub: +? (Affirmative ev nu¨v-†evaK ev‡K¨i †¶‡Î)

Example: 
1. I prefer milk to tea, don’t I? 
2. He teaches us English, doesn’t he?      
3. Riya and maya study more, don’t they?   
               
4. I have a few friends, don’t I?
5. Birds fly in the sky, don’t they?                              
6. Ahnaf reads a novel, doesn’t he?
                        

7. g~j ev‡K¨ †Kvb mvnvh¨Kvix Verb bv _vK‡j Tag Question wn‡m‡e Past  Indefinite Tense Gi Tag Question n‡e
     
      Structure:  Sub: + verb Gi Past form + ob:, didn’t + Sub: +? (Affirmative ev nu¨v-†evaK ev‡K¨i †¶‡Î)

Example: 
1. They came here, didn’t they?                  
2. He put the book on the table, didn’t he?
3. Piash saw a snake, didn’t he?                   

4. America attacked Iraq, didn’t she / it?
5. I broke the glass, didn’t I                              
6. We went there, didn’t we?
                        


8. We e¨ZxZ †Kvb Sentence Gi Subject Plural n‡j Tag Question -G  mvnvh¨Kvix  Verb Gi  c‡i  they e‡m |
Example: 
1. Sinners suffer in the long run, don’t they?                      
2. Fishes can swim, can’t they?
3. Birds can’t swim, can they?


4. Books are our best friends, aren’t they?
5. Martin and Alen died, didn’t they?                              
6. Trees give us Oxygen, don’t they?
                        
9. ‡Kvb ev‡K¨i Subject - I  n‡j, I Gi c‡i  am  e¨en~Z  n†j Tag Question Gi  †¶‡Î aren’t   e‡m |
Example: 
I am a student, aren’t I?      I am happy, aren’t I?           

10. ‡Kvb ev‡K¨i Subject- I  n‡j, I Gi c‡i  am not e¨en~Z  n†j Tag Question Gi  †¶‡Î am I   e‡m |
Example: 
I am not a doctor, am I?          I am not so interested in the business, am I?
11. Imperative Sentence Gi  Tag mvavibZt will  w`‡q kyiy nq |
Example: 
Open the windows, will you?             Don’t tell it again, will you?

     12. Positive Request (Aby‡iva) /Command (Av‡`k) / Advise (Dc‡`k) Gi †¶‡Î Tag Question wU Positive n‡Z cv‡i Avevi Negative I n‡Z cv‡i |
Example: 
1.      Shut the door, will you?  
2.      Please lend me some money, will you?
3.      Respect the old, won’t you?
4.      Kindly do me a favour, won’t you?
5.      Wait here for a moment, won’t you?
6.      Open the door, won’t you? 
7.       Sit down please, won’t you?
8.      Always speak the truth, will you?
             
13. wKš—y  Negative request (Aby‡iva),command ( Av‡`k) I advice (Dc‡`k) Gi †¶‡Î Tag Question wU me mgq Positive nq |
Example: 
1. Don’t forget me, will you?
2. Don’t boil rice, will you?
3. Don’t make a noise, will you?        
4. Don’t disturb me, will you?                                         
5. Don’t forget me, will you.
6. Do not hate the poor, will you?
7. Never tell a lie, will you?
8. Do not run in the sun, will you?
             
14. ev‡K¨i ïi“‡Z Do not /Don’t / Never  _vK‡j Tag Question As‡k Will you / Can you e¨eüZ n†e
Example: 
1. Don’t disturb me, will / can you?                             
2. Do not waste time, will you?
3. Do not tell it again, will you?

4. Don’t run in the sun, will you?
5. Never smoke, will you?
6. Don’t be lazy, will you?
                        
15. Aby‡ivam~PK (Please, Kindly, Would) ev‡K¨i †¶‡Î Would you /can you /can’t you /could you /couldn’t you  mvavibZ e¨eüZ nq | Z‡e will you/won’t you I e¨eüZ  n†Z cv‡i |
Example: 
Kindly do me a favour, can you/will you?
Please lend me some money, could you/will you?
16.  Let us /Let’s (cÖ¯—ve †evSvq) hw`  Z‡e Tag Question -G shall we e¨eüZ n†e  |
Example: 
1. Let’s have a walk, shall we?
2. Let’s go on a picnic, shall we?
3. Let’s arrange a picnic, shall we?    
4. Let’s discuss the matter, shall we?                     
5. Let us build our nation, shall we?
6. Let us work together, shall we?                           
7. Let’s play cricket, shall we?
8. Let’s discuss the matter, shall we?                      
        
17. Let Gi ci hw` us  bv †_‡K Let me /Let him /Let her /Let them /Let the boy /Let Kamal w`‡q hw` AbygwZ †evSvq †m¶‡Î Tag Question n‡e Will you?
Example: 
1. Let me do the work, will you?                                     
2. Let Kamal do the work, will you?
3. Let her come in, will you?
               
4. Let me be alone, will you?                                             
5. Let me enjoy the party, will you?
6. Let them play cricket, will you?
                         

18. Nothing I Everything, something wb‡`©k Ki‡Z Tag question -G Subject wnmv‡e it e¨eüZ   nq|
Example: 
1. Nothing impossible, is it is
2. Everything looked beautiful, didn’t it?      
3. Nothing is certain, is it?
               
4. Something should be done, shouldn’t it?
5. Nothing is impossible in this world, is it?
6. Nothing comes from nothing, does it?
                        

19. Everyone, Everybody, Someone, Somebody, Anyone, Anybody, All, Either Øviv MwVZ Sentence Gi Tag question Gi Subject wn‡m‡e ‘they’ Pronoun wU  e¨eüZ  nq
    
1. Every mother loves her child, don’t they?
2. Everybody played well, didn’t they?       3. Somebody went there didn’t they?
4. Everybody can read books, can’t they?         
5. Everybody is dancing, aren’t they?           
6. Everyone wants to be happy, don’t they?
7. Everybody saw you, didn’t they?     
8. Every one knows it, don’t they?               
        
20.  No one, Nobody,   None, Neither Øviv MwVZ Sentence Gi Tag question Gi Subject wn‡m‡e ‘they’ Pronoun wU e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
1. None can do it, can they?
2. Neither of them went, did they?       
3. Nobody believes him, do they?
4. Neither of them did it, did they?
5. Nobody has done it, have they?   
6. None of them knew the answer, did they?
7. No one is free from mistake, are they
8. None can avoid death, can they?
21. ‡h mg¯— Statement wKQy wKQy we‡kl kã †hgb t never, no, none, no one, nobody, neither, nothing, barely, hardly, rarely, scarcely, seldom, few, little etc avib K‡i Zv‡`i‡K Negative Statement wn‡m‡e we‡ePbv Kiv nq | Ges G†`i Tag Question -G Affirmative Question e¨eüZ  nq A_v©r Tag Question - G not  e‡m bv|
Example: 
1. He hardly comes here, does she?                      
2. He hardly believes me, does he?
3. Never tell a lie, do you?     
4. I have few friends,  do / have I                               

5. Nobody called you, did they?
6. He has little idea, has he?                               
7. He seldom comes here, does he?
8. There was little water in the pond, is there?


22. g~j ev‡K¨ Subject I Auxiliary verb msw¶ß AvKv‡i Ae¯’vb Ki‡j Tag question Kivi Av‡M msw¶ß AvKv‡ii mwVK iƒcwU wbwðZ n‡Z n‡e |
Example: 
He’d go there, wouldn’t he?                                    (He’d =He would) e‡m|
He’d gone there, hadn’t he?                                    (He’d= He had) e‡m|
1.      I’d rather die than beg, wouldn’t I?
2.      He’d better sleep now, hadn’t he?
3.      We’d played cricket, hadn’t we?
               
4. Rahim’d walk fast, wouldn’t he?
5. Mina’d seen me, hadn’t she?
6. They’d make it easy,  wouldn’t they?
                        
Mind it t He’d Gi c‡ii g~j wµqvwU (Verb) Present Form n‡j (He’d =He would) e‡m Ges He’d Gi c‡ii g~j wµqvwU (Verb) Past Participle / mv3 n‡j He’d= He had) e‡m|

23. ev‡K¨i ïi“‡Z There is _vK‡j Tag question As‡k  isn’t there  e¨eüZ  nq | ev‡K¨i ïi“‡Z There are _vK‡j Tag question As‡k  aren’t there  e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
There is a mistake, isn’t there? There are many books on the table, aren’t there?

24. wKš—y ev‡K¨i ïi“‡Z There is no _vK‡j Tag question As‡k is there e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
There is no king in China, is there?
25. Statement Gi Subject wn‡m‡e hw` all of you /none of you /some of you /most of you /everyone of you e¨eüZ  nq †m †¶‡Î Tag Question Gi subject wn‡m‡e You e¨en~Z nq |
Example: 
All of you know English, don’t you?                       None of you can do the sum, can you?

26. Statement Gi Subject wn‡m‡e  hw` BZi cÖvYx, wkky ,  e¯‘ ev Ro c`v‡_©i bvg e¨en~Z nq †m†¶‡Î Tag Question Gi subject wn‡m‡e It e¨eüZ  nq |  
Example: 
1. The baby is crying for milk, isn’t it?
2. This is a nice book, isn’t it?
3. Let her come in, will you?
               
4. The dog is a faithful animal, isn’t it?                      
5. The door is open,   isn’t it?
6. Water has no colour, isn’t it?
                         

27. Statement Gi Subject wn‡m‡e  This/that e¨eüZ n‡j †m†¶‡Î Tag question
Gi subject wn‡m‡e It e¨en~Z nq | Avevi Statement Gi Subject  wn‡m‡e  This/that e¨en~Z n‡j †m†¶‡Î Tag question Gi subject wn‡m‡e They e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
This is a book, isn’t it?      These are my books, aren’t they?

     28. ‡Uªb, (The Padma Express, The Surma Express etc) RvnvR,(The Titanic ,The The Bengal,) †`k,(Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Japan, etc)wegvb (The Biman Bangladesh Airlines, The Sudia Airlans)Puv`,(Themoon)c„w_ex,(TheEarth)emš—(TheSpring),TheAutumn,Nature,Liberty,Justic,Mercy,Hope,Charity,Love,Steamer,Launch,Boat,BuscÖf„wZ‡K Feminine gender wn‡m‡e Mb¨ Kiv nq| G me Noun Øviv gnZ¡,†mŠ›`h© I D`viZv cÖKvk K‡i| myZivs GB bvg¸‡jv Subject wn‡m‡e  e¨en~Z n‡j Tag Question Gi Subject wn‡m‡e She e¨eüZ  nq | Z‡e G†¶‡Î it e¨eüZ  n‡Z cv‡i |
     Example: 
The moon has hidden her face behind the cloud, hasn’t she/it?
The spring came with all her beauties, didn’t she/it?
Bangladesh is not rich in mineral resources, is she?
The Jamuna Express is running at a full speed, isn’t she/it?


29. Statement G Verb wn‡m‡e  hw`  have to / has to _vK‡j  Tag Question G  don’t / doesn’t / haven’t / hasn’t  e‡m Ges had to _vK‡j didn’t / hadn’t e‡m |
Example: 
1. They have to do it, don’t they? /haven’t they?         
2. He has two mobiles, doesn’t / hasn’t he?
4. We had to do it, didn’t / hadn’t?
5. Mira and hera have to do this, don’t / haven’t they?
                     

30.The Sun, summer, Winter, Fire, death, Storm, Flood, war, winter, Sidr, Tidal bore, Tidal wave, Earthquake/Cyclone cÖf„wZ Masculine gender wn‡m‡e MY¨ Kiv nq | myZivs Giv Subject wn‡m‡e e¨eüZ  n‡j G‡`i cwie‡Z© Tag Question G Subject wn‡m‡e he / it e‡m | G me Noun Øviv w¶cÖZv,cÖPÛZv, cÖKvk K‡i| Z‡e it  e¨envi KivB DËg|
Example: 
The Sun sheds his beams on the rich hand the poor alike, doesn’t he/it?
Winter is my best season, isn’t it?

31. Be Verb hy³ Exclamatory Sentence G isn’t/aren’t/wasn’t/weren’t e‡m Ges Subject Noun n‡j Gi Pronoun e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
How nice the flower is, isn’t it?           How beautiful the garden is, isn’t it?

32. g~j Verb hy³ Exclamatory Sentence  G don’t/doesn’t/didn’t  e¨eüZ  nq |
Example: 
How sweetly the bird sings, doesn’t it?

     33. Infinitive (to+ verb) I Gerund (Verb +ing) ‡Kvb ev‡K¨ Subject wn‡m‡e e¨eüZ  n‡j
     Tag Question Kivi mgq it †K Subject  wn‡m‡e e¨envi Ki‡Z n‡e |
Example: 
Walking is a good exercise, isn’t it?  To read books is a good habit, isn’t it?


Some Alternatives Rules of Tag Questions
1. Tag Question-G  hw` GKvwaK evK¨ ci¯úi hy³ _v‡K Z‡e me©‡kl evK¨ Abyhv‡q  Tag Question Ki‡Z nq|
Example: 
1. I can not understand it. I have problem about it,   don’t I?
2. Don’t run in the sun. You should take a rest, shouldn’t you?
               
3. Bangladesh is a small country. Many people live here, don’t they?                      
4. I think you are honest, aren’t you?
                        

2. `yB ev `yB‡qi AwaK evK¨ hw` Conjunction (If, but, and, because, that, though/ although, unless, until, as / since, or etc)  Øviv hy³ n‡j Conjunction hy³wenxb ev‡K¨i Tag Question Ki‡Z nq|
Example: 
1. If you read more, you can pass, can’t you?
2. The man was honest but he was poor, wasn’t he?
               
3. Wait for me until I come back, will you?
4. As it is summer; it may rain, mayn’t it?
                        

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন