Lecture Sheet for Passage Narration
1. The new teacher entered
the classroom and said, “Can you tell me what I should do now?” “No Sir.” one
of the students said. The teacher smiled and said, “Try to guess.” “You should
introduce yourself to us.” another student said. “Thank you.” said the teacher.
“You’re really brilliant.”
2. The teacher said to the
boy, “Why do you make a noise in the class? You are not attentive to your
lessons.” “Sorry Sir” said the boy. “I was asking for a pen to my friend.” “Be
attentive and listen to what I say.
3. Omar(R) said to the
woman, “Where do you live?” The woman said, “I live in a poor hut south end to
this town. I am hungry but there is no food in my house. Will you give me
something to eat?” Hazrat Omar(R) said, “Go home. I am coming with food and
money.”
4. The old man said, “Can
you give me some food? I have been starving for two days.” The maid said, “Why
do you beg? Can’t you work?” “No, I am unable to work.”said the old man.
5. “Nasreen,
have you done your English lesson today?” asked the teacher.” Yes” Sir, I have
done it. But I haven’t understood some grammatical points.” replied Nasreen.
“Where is the problem?” said the teacher. “Let us try again.”
6. A fruit
seller said, “Which fruit do you want to buy? I have apples from Australia, oranges from Darjeeling,
grapes from Kashmir.” The customer said, “What
fruits of our country do you have?” The fruit selller said, “I have coconut,
guava and jackfruit.” The customer said, “Give one kg of guava as it will be
the substitution of Australian apples.”
7. “I have got G.P.A.
5 in the S.S.C. Examination,” said Kamal. “Congratulations.” “What do you
intend to do now?” asked Hasan.“I want to study in a reputed college. I will
try to get myself admitted into Dhaka
College, Said Kamal.
8. “Why
you are putting up the food in your pocket, Sir?” asked the noble man. “I am
doing the right thing.My dress deserves the rich dishes,” replied Sheikh Saadi.
“Please tell me clearly what you mean to say?” said the noble man.
9. “Have
you ever been to Cox’s Bazar?”asked Shabab“No, I have never gone there, replied
Labib. “But I desire for visiting the place” “I had an opportunity to visit the
sea beach last year “said Shabab” “Let us go there this week.”
10. “I came to Bogra this
afternoon. I sent you a massage before starting from home” Roka said” Did you
receive it in time? she asked “No, I did
not receive” I replied.
11. The man said to the
manager “May I come in Sir ?”“Yes,” come in .“What do you want ?”said the
manager “I want to open a bank account
in your bank ,”said the man .”Can you tell me the process of opening a savings
account?”
12. The traveller said, “Can
you tell me the way to the nearest inn?” Yes “said the peasant.” Do you want
one in which you can spend the night?” “No,”replaid the traveller.” I only want
a meal.”
13. I said the passer- by,
“What are you seeing now?” “I am seeing the people running here and there” he said. “How happy they are! May God
help them. Let me enjoy this.”I said.
14. The teacher said to the
Student, “Have you prepared your lesson today?’’“No, Sir ,’’replied the
student. The teacher said, “Why?’’ “I was suffering from headache .I shall do
my work tomorrow,’’ replied the Student .”
15. I said to old man, “What
are you doing?” “I am watching the boys swimming in the pond,” he said. “How
happy they are! May Allah bless them.” “Let me sit by you and enjoy the scene.”
I said.
16. “My sons listen to me. A
great treasure lies hidden in the land. I am going to leave it to you.” “How’ll
we find it?” said the sons. “You must dig the land for it” said the old man.
17. Have you completed your
assignment?” said Rumana. “No, I haven’t completed yet, “replied Farah. “But
you must submit it timely,” said Rumana. “I worked on it for several hours
yesterday,” replied Farah.
18. “Ratan, have you done
your English lesson today?” asked the teacher. “Yes, Sir, I did it. But I
haven’t understood some grammatical points.” replied Ratan. “Where is the
problem?” said the teacher. “Let us try again.”
19. My sister said to me,
“Why are you reading this hour? Don’t you think that it is a time of prayer?
Let us go out for a walk after saying prayer.” “Yes, I agree with you,” said I.
20. The teacher said to the
boy, “Do you think that honesty is the best policy?” “Yes Sir. I think so.”
Then learn to be honest from your boyhood.” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir.”
said the boy. “May Allah grant you a long life. “said the teacher to the boy.
21. “May I come in, Sir,”
“Yes, come in.What do you want?” “How can I help you?” said the Manager. “I
want to open a bank account in your bank.”
said the man. “Can you tell me the process of opening a saving account?”
22. “What are you doing now,
Jack?” I said. “I am watching an interesting programme on television.” “Aren’t
you wasting your time?” I said. “No, I don’t think so,” he said.
23. “Zaman said to me, “Have
you finished reading the book I gave you yesterday?” “Yes, I have finished reading the book,’ I
replied. “What an interesting book it is! I wish I would borrow the book
earlier.’ I said. “Will you return the book to me today? he said.
24. The fruit seller said,
“Which fruits do you want to buy? I have apples from Australia,
oranges from Darjeeling, grapes from Kashmir.” The customer said, “What fruits of our country
do you have?” The seller said, “I have coconut, guava, and Jackfruit.” The
customer said, “Give one kg of Guava as it will be substitute of Australian
Apples.
25. The old man said, “Can
you give me some food? I have been starving for three days.” The maid said,
“Why do you beg? Can’t you work?” “No, I’m unable to work.” The old man
replied. (e„Ø ‡
26. “Where do you like to
go, Sir? said the ticket officer to the passenger. “I want to go to Chittagong,” said the
passenger. “How many tickets do you need?” “I need five tickets.” “Here are the
tickets. They will cost one thousand taka,” said the ticket officer.
27. The class teacher of
class X said to the students, “Do you like to go for study tour?” “Yes’ said
all the students. Then he said, “Take permission of your parents.” One of the
students said, “Let us go to Cox’s Bazar ”
The most experienced age-old teacher said, “May your journey be safe and
sound.”
28. “What is the time by
your watch?” he said. “It is half past nine,” I said. He said, “I want to go to
the college. Would you accompany me, please?” “No, I am sorry,” replied I .
29. The passer-by stopped me
and said, “Sir, can you tell me the way to the nearest inn?” “Yes, I can,” I
said. “Go straight about 100 yards and then turn left. You will find it.”
“Thank you Sir,” He said.
30. “We would like to go an
excursion. Can we have your permission? Sir?” said the students. “Yes, you can
arrange it after the examination is over. And you should choose a historical
place for that” replied the Headmaster. “Thank you, Sir.”
31. “What’s your programme
after the examination?” asked Salam. Kamal said, I’ve not yet decided. Can you
suggest any? “Let us go on a picnic.” Said Salam. “What an excellent idea! I
shall certainly join with you.” said Kamal.
32. Rashed said to karim.
“How are you?” I went to your hostel yesterday, but did not find you. Where did
you go?” “I went to the station.” said Karim. “I had to receive my maternal
uncle there.”
33. “Did people use stamps
in those days” asked Rafiq. “Yes, answered Mr Jamil, “The first stamps were
used in 1840.” “Are they easy to get now?” asked Rafiq. “They are very
difficult to get,” his uncle replied.
34. Once I asked a sweet
little girl, “What is your mother’s name?” She replied cleverly. “I know my
mother’s name but I won’t tell you that.” I said. “What a clever girl you are!”
“I don’t tell my mother’s name to anybody whom I don’t know.” She spoke with an
air of confidence.
35. “Great king of the
genies,” called the monster. “I will never again disobey you.” Hearing those
words, the fisherman became very brave and said, “Tell me why you were locked
up in the vase?” The giant looked at the fisherman and said, “Speak to me
politely or I shall kill you.” “Why should you kill me?” asked the fisherman.
36. Father said to his son,
“Why are you making late? Go to school now.” “No, I am not going to school
today. I feel dizzy, ”said his son.
37. “Have you killed the
rates?” said the Mayor. “Yes, I have said the piper. “Give me the promised
money.” “How funny!” said the Mayor, we cannot give you so much money. Take
only fifty.
38. “Why did you not go to
school yesterday?” said the mother to the girl. “I was ill, mum,” the girl
replied. “How are you today?” the mother asked again.” “Well,” said the girl,
“Don’t worry for me.”
39. “Why don’t you attend my classes regularly?” The
teacher said to the student. “You can not expect good results unless you attend
classes as I tell you.” “I am sorry, I have offended you.” “ I was ill in those
days,” said the student.
40. Sakib said to his
English teacher, “Sir, I want to improve my English. How can I do that? Can you
help me?” “Don’t worry, I will help you.” said the teacher. “Thank you, sir,”
said Sakib. “Give emphasis on all the four skills of language namely listening,
speaking , reading and writing,” said the teacher.
41. “Good Morning, Rupa,” said Sohel. “How much
preparation have you taken for SSC Examination?” “A great preparation” She
replied. “I must get GPA-5” “Wow, what a lucky girl!” said Sohel. “But my
preparation is not so good.”
42. “Don’t you understand
what I discuss in the class?” said the teacher. “Yes, Sir but we are afraid of
reading English. So we are too weak in English.” replied the students. “Read
attentively and you will overcome your fear,” said the teacher.
43. “Follow my example,” she
said as we shook hands, “and never eat more than one thing for luncheon.” “I’ll
do better than that,” I retorted “I’ll eat nothing at dinner to night.”
“Humorist!” she cried gaily, jumping into a cab.
44. ‘Shima, can you tell me
what I am teaching?” the teacher asked. I’m sorry. Sir. I can’t follow,”
replied Shima. “You can’t because you are attentive, ‘the teacher said.
45. “Have you done your home
work?” The mother said to the daughter, “No, I’ve forgotten.” said the
daughter. “That’s very bad. You must be more careful about your homework. By
doing so, you can’t expect to do well in your studies.’ said the mother.
কোন মন্তব্য নেই:
একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন