শনিবার, ৮ ফেব্রুয়ারি, ২০১৪

Lecture Sheet On Completing Sentence


Rule: 1.                                                     So ----that (GZB †h)
1.     Structure: Sub+ verb+ so+ adjective/adverb +that + subject + can not /could not + verb Gi (present form) + ob: + extension / evwK Ask|
     
3.    

                    SO --   THAT

SO THAT
1.     The old man is so weak that he can not walk.
     (e„× †jvKwU GZ `ye©j †h †m nvUu‡Z cv‡i bv|)
2.     He was so foolish that he could not realize his friends.
      (†m GZ †evKv wQj †h †m Zvi eÜz‡`i‡K Abyaveb/eyS‡Z cvijv bv|)
3.     Musa was so determined that he could easily success.
      (gymv GZ msKíe× wQj †h †m mn‡RB mvdj¨ jvf K‡iwQj|)
4.     He is so weak that he can’t walk. (†m GZ `ye©j †h nvUu‡Z cv‡i bv|)
5.     He is so dishonest that nobody trusts him. (†m GZ Amr †h †KD Zv‡K wek¦vm K‡i bv|)
6.     The dinner was so delicious that I could not check my temptation.
      (LveviwU GZ my¯^v`y wQj †h Avwg Avwg Avgvi †jvf mseiY Ki‡Z cvijvg bv|)
7.     The load was so heavy that he could not carry it.
      (‡evSvwU GZ fvix wQj †h †m GZ wb‡q †h‡Z cvij bv|)


Rule:2.                                                    So that/ in order that (GZB †h)
1 So that/ in order that (hv‡Z /†hb) So that/ in order that Øviv D‡Ïk¨g~jK evK¨ †evSvq|

.     Structure: Sub+ verb Gi Present form / Past form + ob: + so that / in order that ++ subject
 + can not /could not / might not  + verb + ob: + extension / evwK Ask|


So that / Inorder that
1.      The man works hard so that he can shine in life.
(‡jvKwU K‡Vvi cwikªg K‡i hv‡Z wZwb Rxe‡b DbœwZ Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
2.      The student studied diligently so that he could make a good result.
     (QvÎwU cwikªgxfv‡e Aa¨vqb Kij hv‡Z †m fvj djvdj Ki‡Z cviZ|)
    3. We take exercise so that we can keep   our body fit.
    (Avgiv ˆ`wnK e¨vqvg Kwi hv‡Z Avgiv Avgv‡`i kixi‡K h‡_vchy³ ivL‡Z cvwi|)
  4. We eat so that we may live. (Avgiv LvB hv‡Z Avgiv evPu‡Z cvwi|)
  5. He worked hard so that he could pass.
  ( ‡m GZ cwikªg K‡iwQj hv‡Z cvk Ki‡Z †c‡iwQj|)
  6. He always flatters his boss so that he may get benefit.
    (†m memgq Zvi em‡K †Zvlv‡gv` K‡i hv‡Z †m myweav †fvM Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
 7. He went to London so that he could achieve higher education.
    (‡m jÛ‡b wM‡qwQj hv‡Z †m D”PZi wk¶v MÖnY Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
8. He opened a bank account so that he could easily deposit money.
    (‡m e¨vs‡K GKvD›U Ly‡j wQj hv‡Z †m Zvi UvKv ¸‡jv msi¶Y Ki‡Z cviZ|)
M  9. Man eats in order that they may live.(gvbyl LvB hv‡Z †m †e‡Pu _vK‡Z cv‡i|)
2.     10.They came here in order that they could enjoy a movie.
       ( Zviv GLv‡b G‡mwQj hv‡Z Zviv wPÎwU Abyaveb Ki‡Z cvi‡e|)






Rule: 3.          It is high time /  It is time (Dchy³ mg‡q)
It is high time /  It is time  Øiv ‡Kvb KvR Kivi Dchy³ mgq BwZg‡a¨B AwZevwnZ n‡q‡Q,ZvB Avi †`wi bK‡i GLbB KvRwU ïi“ Kiv DwPZ-Giƒc †evSv‡Z It is high time/It is time nq Ges c‡i Subject I verb Gi past form  e‡m|

.     Structure: It is high time + Sub: + verb Gi (Past form) + ob: + extension / evwK Ask|

It is high time
1.      It is high time he changed himself.
( Dchy³ mg‡q †m wb‡R‡K cwieZ©b K‡iwQj|)
2.      It is high time he married.
( Dchy³ mg‡q evjKwU weevn Kij|)
3.      It is high time he got a job.
( Dchy³ mg‡q gwbi“j GKwU PvKzix †cj)
4.      It is high time it rained.
( Dchy³ mg‡q e„wó nj)




Rule: 4.   Subject / It is clear / sure / certain / true /clean / hopeful / optimistic  (Dchy³ mg‡q)
1 It is high time (Dchy³ mg‡q) It is high time Gi c‡ii evK¨wU Past Indefinite Tense nq|
Structure: Subject / It is clear / sure / certain / true /clean / hopeful / optimistic + that +
suSubject + can / could / may / might / must + verb Gi (present form) + ob: + extension / evwK Ask|

It is high time
1)      It is clear that he must pass in the examination.
( GwU cwi¯‹vi †h †m Aek¨B cix¶vq K…ZKvh© n‡e|)
2)      I am hopeful that he must come here.
( Avwg Avkvev`x †h †m GLv‡b Avm‡e|)
3)      He was sure that I might / could fail in the examination.
( ‡m wbwðZ wQj †h Avwg cix¶vq AK…ZKvh© n‡Z cviZvg|)
4)      It is true that he can make a good result.
( GwU mZ¨ †h †m GKwU fvjdjvdj Ki‡Z cv‡i|)



Rule: 5. As Soon As (‡hB gvÎ .... †mB gvÎ) GwU Øviv mgq †evSvq|
Structure: As soon as + Sub: + verb Gi Past Form + ob: , Sub: + verb Gi Past Form + ob

As Soon AS
1.      As soon as the police saw the theif, the theif ran way.
 (‡hB gvÎ cywjk †PviwU‡K †`Lj †mB gvÎ †PviwU cvwj‡q †Mj|)
2.      As soon as we reached the station, the train left the place.
 (‡hB gvÎ Avgiv †÷k‡b †cŠQvjvg †mB gvÎ †UªbwU †÷kb Z¨vM Kij|)
3. As soon as the doctor came, the patient died.
( ‡hB gvÎ Wv³vi Avmj †mB gvÎ †ivMxwU gviv †Mj|)
4. As soon the bell rang, the students entered into the class.
( ‡hB gvÎ N›UvwU evRj †mB gvÎ QvÎiv †kªYx‡Z cÖ‡ek Kij|



     
Rule: 7. As if / as though   (Ggb g‡b nq .... †hb)
First Structure: Sub:  + Present Tense + as if + Sub: + were a mad / knew all.
                                                                                  Past Indefinte Tense
AS if / As though
1. He talks / eats / pretends /speaks / acts as if he were a mad.
 (wZwb Ggbfv‡e K_v e‡j †hb wZwb GKRb cvMj |)
2. He talks / eats / pretends /speaks / acts etc as if he knew all.
   (wZwb Ggbfv‡e K_v e‡j †hb wZwb me Rvb‡Zb|)

Second Structure: Sub:  + g~j verb Gi Past form + ob: + as if + Sub: + had been a mad
                                       Past Indefinite Tense                                      Past Perfect Tense
were a mad / had known all.

AS if / As though
1. He talked / pretended /spoke / acted etc as if he had been a mad.
 (wZwb Ggbfv‡e K_v e‡j †hb wZwb GKRb cvMj |)
2. He talked / pretended /spoke / acted etc as if he had known all.
   (wZwb Ggbfv‡e K_v e‡j †hb wZwb me Rvb‡Zb|)

Rule: 8. Since   (A‡bK w`b / gvm / eQ‡ii c‡ii  .... †Kvb wKQz nIqv / Kiv)

First Structure: Sub:  + Present Tense + Since + Sub: + I met him
   Past Indefinite Tense

Since
1. Five years have passed since I met him.
(cuvP eQi cvi nIqvi c‡i Avwg Zvi mv‡_ mv¶vr Kijvg|)
2. Five years are passed since I met him.
   (cuvP eQi cvi nIqvi c‡i Avwg Zvi mv‡_ mv¶vr Kijvg|)
3.  3.      Five years have passed since he left the country.
      (cvPu ermi AwZµvš— nIqvi ci  Avwg †`k Z¨vM K‡iwQjvg|)

Rule: 8. Since   (A‡bK w`b / gvm / eQ‡ii c‡ii  .... †Kvb wKQz nIqv / Kiv)
Second Structure: Sub:  + Past Indefinite Tense + Since + Sub: + I had met him
                         Past Perfect Tense

Since
1. Seven days passed since I met him.
(mvZ w`b cvi nIqvi c‡i Avwg Zvi mv‡_ mv¶vr Kijvg|)
2. Seven days were passed since I met him.
 (mvZ w`b cvi nIqvi c‡i Avwg Zvi mv‡_ mv¶vr Kijvg|)
Rule: 8. By + Gerund (Verb + ing) ‡Kvb wKQz Kivi Øviv wKQz cvIqv hvq|
Structure: By + verb + ing + ob:,  you can not improve / shine in life.                 
By + Gerund
1. By working hard, you can shine in life.
(K‡Vvi cwikªg Øiv Zzwg Rxe‡b DbœwZ Ki‡Z cvi|)
2. By reading more, you can pass in the examination.
 (AwaK covi Øiv Zzwg cix¶v K…ZKvh© n‡Z cvi|)

Rule: 9. Without + Gerund (Verb + ing) ‡Kvb wKQz Qvov  wKQz cvIqv hvq bv|
Structure: By + verb + ing + ob:,  you can not improve / shine in life / pass in the examination.                 
Without + Gerund
1. Without working hard, you can not shine in life.
(K‡Vvi cwikªg Qvov Zzwg Rxe‡b DbœwZ Ki‡Z cvi bv|)
2. Without reading more, you can not pass in the examination.
 (AwaK cov Qvov Zzwg cix¶v K…ZKvh© n‡Z cvi bv|)


Rule : 10. Lest ( cv‡Q cov / bZzev, hv‡Z bv, cv‡Q, Ab¨_vq)
Lest Øviv cv‡Q fq nq †h..Õ Giƒc A_© cÖKvk K‡i|KZ©v Zvi D‡Ï‡k¨ mdj Ki‡Z LyeB Zrci Ges wKQyUv kswKZ †h †m Zvi Kv‡R mdj nj wKbv| Lest Gi c~‡e©i e³‡e¨i KviYwU Lest c‡i wjL‡Z nq|

Structure: Sub: + verb + ob: + lest + Sub: + should + verb + ob + extension.

Lest ( cv‡Q cov / bZzev)
1.     1. Walk fast lest you should miss the train.(`ªyZ nvUu bZzev †UªbwU †dj Ki‡e|)
2.     2.  Avoid mistakes lest you should get poor good marks.
     (fyj Gwo‡q Pj bZzev cix¶vq Zzwg Kg b¤^i cv‡e|)
3.     3.  Read attentively lest you should fail in the exam.
     (g‡bv‡hv‡Mi mv‡_ †jLvcov Ki bZzev cix¶vq †dj Ki‡e|)
4.     4.The old man walks slowly lest he should fall.
    (e„ׇjvKwU Lye ax‡i ax‡i nv‡Uu bZzev †m c‡i †h‡Z cv‡i|)
5.     5. They ran hurriedly lest they should miss the train.
     (Zviv ‡`Šovw”Qj bZzev Zviv †UªbwU †dj Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
6.     6.Go to the bank with the cheque lest you should fail to cash your cheque.
       (‡PKwU wb‡q e¨vs‡K hvI bZzev †P‡K UvKv †c‡Z e¨_© n‡e|)
7.     7.He walked fast lest he should miss the train.
      ( †m `ªyZ nvUwuQj bZzev Zviv †UªbwU †dj Ki‡Z cv‡i|)
8.     8. He walks slowly lest he should stumble.
       ( ‡m ax‡i nvUwQj bZzev Zv‡K †nvPUu †L‡Z n‡e|)
9.     9. Read diligently lest you should fail. (g‡bv‡hvM mnKv‡i cv‡Q †dj Ki‡e|)



Rule : 12. Had better ( eis †Kvb wKQz Kiv GLb fvj)

Structure: Sub: + had better + verb + ob: + extension.

Had Better
1.     1. He had better sleep now.                (Zvi eis GLb Nygv‡bv fvj|)
2.     2.  You had better study more.          (‡Zvgvi eis AwaK Aa¨vqb Kiv fvj|)
3.     3.  We had better give up bad habit. (Avgv‡`i eis Lvivc Af¨vm Z¨vM KivB eis fvj|)    
4.  



Rule: 13. Would rather than ( eis †Kvb wKQz Kivi †P‡q Ab¨ wKQz Kie|)

Structure: Sub: + would rather + than +  verb + ob: + extension.

Would rather than
1.     1.   I would rather die than beg 
             (Avwg wf¶v Kivi †P‡q gie eis ZeyI wf¶v Kie bv|)
  2.   We would rather work hard than steal from house to house.
              (Avgiv evwo evwo Pzwo Kivi †P‡q K‡Vvi cwikªg Kie ZeyI Pzwi Kie bv|)
  3. He would rather study attentively than fail in the examination.
           (‡m cix¶vq AK…ZKvh© nIqvi †P‡q gb‡hvMmnKv‡i Aa¨vqb Ki‡e|

3.  


Rule: 14. Would you mind ( Avcwb wKQz g‡b Ki‡eb Kx bv|)

Structure: Would you mind  +  verb + ing + ob: + extension?

Would you mind
1.     1.   Would you mind having a cup of tea?
             (Avcwb Kx GK Kvc Pv †L‡Z wKQz g‡b Kb‡eb?|)
  2.   Would you mind sitting with me?
              (Avcwb Kx Avgvi mv‡_ em‡Z  wKQz g‡b Kb‡eb?)
  3. Would you mind teaching me?
           (Avcwb Kx Avgv‡K wk¶v w`‡Z wKQz g‡b Ki‡eb?

3.  


Rule: 15. Unless ( hw` bv .... Z‡e bv|) Unless GKwU Negative kã GwUi c‡i Negative nq bv|

Structure: Unless + Sub: + verb + ob:, sub: + can not / could not + verb + ob: + extension

Unless ( hw` bv .... Z‡e bv|)
1.          1.   Unless you assist him, he will not go on with his studies.
 (hw` Zzwg Zv‡K mvnvh¨ bv Ki †m Zvi cov‡jLv Pvwj‡q †h‡Z cvi‡e bv|)
115. 2.  Unless you study hard, you cannot do well in the examination.
   (hw` cwikªg bv Ki Zzwg cix¶vh fvj Ki‡Z cvi bv|)
116.3. Unless you work hard you cannot prosper in life.
   (hw` cwikªg bv Ki Zzwg Rxe‡b DbœwZ  Ki‡Z cvi bv|)
117. 4. We cannot keep our body fit unless we take a balanced diet.
(Avgiv Avgv‡`i kixi‡K h_vDchy³ ivL‡Z cvwi bv hw` bv mylg Lv`¨ bv LvB|)






Rule: 16. Until / Till (hZ¶b ch©š— bv ... ZZ¶b ch©š—) Until GKwU Negative kã GwUi c‡i Negative nq bv|
wKš—   ‘Till’ Negative kã bv| ZvB Gi c‡i Negative nq|
Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob: + until + sub: + verb + ob: + extension

Until (hZ¶b ch©š— bv ... ZZ¶b ch©š— )
2.          1.   Wait for me until I come back
 (Avgvi Rb¨ A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b ch©š— Avwg wd‡i bv Avwm|)
115. 2.  They will not go out until I permit them.
   (hZ¶b ch©š— Avwg Zv‡`i‡K AbygwZ bv w`B ZZ¶b ch©š— Zviv evwn‡i hv‡e bv|)
3.          3. You will watch TV until go to the market.
4.           (hZ¶b ch©š— Avwg evRv‡i bv hvB ZZ¶b ch©š— †Zvgiv wUwf †`L‡e bv)
5.          4. Wait for me until I  do not come back
6.          (Avgvi Rb¨ A‡c¶v Ki hZ¶b ch©š— Avwg wd‡i bv Avwm|)
7.          5. You will write till the examination does not finish.
(hZ¶b ch©š— cix¶v †kl bv nq ZZ¶b ch©š— †Zvgiv wjL‡e|)




 Rule: 17. As / Since / Because (‡h‡nZz .... †m‡nZz ) Kvib eySvq| As / Since `yBwU ev‡K¨i gv‡S / cÖ_‡g em‡Z cv‡i| wKš— Because me mgq `yBwU ev‡K¨i gv‡S e‡m|

Structure:  As / Since / Sub: + verb + ob: sub: + verb + ob: + extension

As / Since / Because
1.  As she was ill, she could not attend the meeting.
     (‡h‡nZz †m Amy¯’ wQj, †m Av‡jvPbvq AskMÖnY Ki‡Z cvij bv)
2.  As he was tired, he could not go to school.
    (‡h‡nZz †m K¬vš wQj †m‡nZz †m ¯‹z‡j †h‡Z cvij bv|)
3.  I could not go out as it was raining,
(‡h‡nZz e„wó nB‡ZwQj, Avwg evB‡i †Mjvg bv| )
4. Crops did not grow well as it did not rain in time.
  (dmj fvj nBwb †h‡nZz fvj e„wócvZ n‡qwQj bv)
5.   5.   He always fails in the examination because he is not attentive to study.
6. Rahim could not walk fast because he was ill.
6.  7. Since the boy broke discipline, he was punished.
8. 8. As they played well, they won the match.
9. 9. Since the weather was very cold, I could not go out.






Rule: 18. As Long As (hZ¶b ch©š—  ... ZZ¶b ch©š—) Kv‡Ri mgq eySvq| As Long As `yBwU ev‡K¨i gv‡S  e‡m|

Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob:  + as long as + sub: + verb + ob: + extension.

As Long As (hZ¶b ch©š—  ... ZZ¶b ch©š—)

1.  Allah will help us as long as our purpose is honest.
(hZ¶b ch©š— Avgv‡`i D‡Ïk¨ mr Av‡Q ZZ¶b ch©š— Avj­vn Avgv‡`i‡K mvnvh¨ Ki‡e|)
2.  Wait here as long as it rains.
    (hZ¶b ch©š— e„wó nq ZZ¶b ch©š— GLv‡b A‡c¶v Ki|)
3.  The man worked as long as he could.
  (hZ¶b ch©š— ‡jvKwU cvij ZZ¶b ch©š— †jvKwU KvR Kij| )
4. He wrote as long as the boy read.
  (hZ¶b ch©š— evjKwU coj ZZ¶b ch©š— †m wjLj|)
5. I shall teach them as long as they will read to me.
  (hZ¶b ch©š— Zviv Avgvi Kv‡Q co‡e ZZ¶b ch©š— Avwg Zv‡i‡K wk¶v †`e|)






Rule: 19. Though / Although / Even though (hw`I— --ZeyI / hw`I / n‡jI) w`‡q `ywU ci¯úi we‡ivax fv‡ei Zzjbv ¯’vcb K‡i| †Kvb Ae¯’v ev NUbvi wecixZg~Lx †evSv‡Z e¨eüZ nq| Though / Although / Even though `yBwU ev‡K¨i gv‡S / cÖ_‡g em‡Z cv‡i|
Structure: Though / Although / Even though + Sub: + verb + ob:, + sub: + verb + ob: + extension.

Though / Although / Even though (hw`I— --ZeyI/ hw`I / n‡jI)

To 1.  Though he is poor, he is honest.
         (hw`I †m Mixe †m mr|)
2.  He went out although it was raining heavily.
            (‡m evB‡i †ei n‡jv hw`I cÖPzi e„wócvZ nB‡ZwQj|)
3. Though he is rich, he is dishonest.
   (hw`I †m abx  †m Amr|)
      4.  Though Bangladesh has limited natural resources, she has a vast population
           (hw`I evsjv‡`‡k cÖvK…wZK m¤ú` mxwgZ ZeyI Gi wecyj RbmsL¨v i‡q‡Q|)
5. Though the boy is intelligent, he is lazy.
    (hw`I †m eyw×gvb †m Ajm|)
6. He can not pass though he reads more.
(hw`I †m AwaK c‡o Zey †m cvm Ki‡Z cv‡i bv|)




Rule:20.                                 Conditional Sentence (kZ© Av‡ivc evK¨)
Øviv kZ© Av‡ivc evK¨) / KvíwbK evK¨  mvivbZ MwVZ nq|  If / Provided - †K wZbwU chv‡q fvM Kiv hvq|

h_vt1. First Conditional Sentence 2. Second Conditional Sentence 3. Third Conditional Sentence

First Conditional Sentence (hw` nq / _v‡K  Z‡e  Kie)
Structure: If + Sub: + Present Indefinite tense, Sub: + shall / will + verb + ob: + extension.
         
If + Present Indefinite tense, Future Indefinite Tense


To1. If you walk slowly you will miss the train.
 (hw` Zzwg ax‡i ax‡i nvUu Z‡e Zzwg †UªbwU †c‡Z e¨_© n‡e|)
2. 2. I will give you money  if / provided  you help me
(h  (hw` Zzwg Avgv‡K mvnvh¨ Ki Z‡e Avwg †Zvgv‡K UvKv †`e|)
3.  3.If you do not waste your time you will pass in the examination.
 ( Zzwg hw` ‡Zvgvi mgq bó bv Ki, Zzwg cix¶vq cvk Ki‡Z cvi‡e|)
4. 4.You will  not be  punished if / provided you study attentively.
 (hw` Zzwg g‡bv‡hv‡Mi mv‡_ covïbv Ki Z‡e Zzwg kvw¯— cv‡e bv)
5. 5.If you write to me I will answer to you.
(h   hw` Zzwg Avgvi Kv‡Q †jL Z‡e Avwg †Zvgv‡K DËi w`e|)
6. 6. If you invite me I will go there.
      (Zzwg hw` Avgv‡K Avgš¿Y RvbvI, Avwg †mLv‡b hve|)
7. 7.If you study more you will learn more.
     (hw` Zzwg †ewk K‡i covïbv Ki  Z‡e Zzwg †ewk K‡i wkL‡e|)
8. 8.If her uncle arrives, she will be happy.
     (hw` Zvi gvgv Av‡m Z‡e †m Lywk n‡e|)
9. 9. Be truthful if you want to shine in life.
    (hw` Zzwg Rxe‡b DbœwZ jvf Ki‡Z PvI Z‡e mZ¨evw` nI |)
1010.  If you want, I shall help you.
(h (hw` Zzwg PvI Z‡e Avwg †Zvgv‡K mvnvh¨ Kie|)

6. 


















Second Conditional Sentence ( hw` nZ / nZvg / _vKZ  Z‡e KiZvg / cviZvg)
Structure: If + Sub: + Past Indefinite tense, Sub: + would + verb + ob: + extension.



Second Conditional Sentence

If  1. If I went there, I would met him.
(hw` Avwg †mLv‡b †h‡Z cviZvg Z‡e Avwg Zvi mv‡_ †`Lv Ki‡Z cviZvg|)
2. 2.If they wanted, I would go. (hw` Zviv PvBZ, Avwg †mLv‡b †hZvg|)
3. 3.If I found him, I would have told him.
    (hw` Avwg Zv‡K †cZvg Z‡e Avwg Zv‡K mvnvh¨ KiZvg|)
4. 4. If I knew his phone number, I would call him.
    (hw` Avwg Zvi †dvb b¤^i RvbZvg Z‡e Avwg Zv‡K †dvb Ki‡Z cviZvg|)
5.  5.If I were rich I would help the poor.
    (hw` Avwg abx n‡Z cviZvg Z‡e Avwg Zv‡K Mixe‡`i‡K mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z cviZvg|)
6. 6. I would help the poor  if / provided I were you,
    (hw` Avwg Zzwg nZvg Avwg Mixe‡`i‡K mvnvh¨ KiZvg|)
7. 7.If I were a king, I would help the poor.
    (hw` Avwg ivRv nZvg  Z‡e Avwg Mixe‡`i‡K mvnvh¨ KiZvg|)
8. 8. I would   come  if / provided you told me the news
    (hw` Zzwg Avgv‡K msev`wU w`‡Z Z‡e Avwg Avm‡Z cviZvg|)
8.          If I had a computer, I would type something.
9.          Or Had I a computer, I would type something.
    (hw` Avgvi GKwU Kw¤úDUvi _vKZ Z‡e Avwg wKQz wjLZvg|)
10.      10. If I had the wings of a bird, I would fly in the sky.
11.      Or Had the wings of a bird, I would fly in the sky.
    (hw` Avgvi cvwLi gZ Wvbv _vKZ Z‡e Avwg AvKv‡k DoZvg|)
   













Third Conditional Sentence
Structure: If + Sub: + had + verb Gi Past Participle + ob, Sub: + would have + verb Gi Past Participle + ob: + extension.
Third Conditional Sentence


To  1.  If I had seen you before, I would have helped you.
     (hw` Avwg †Zvgv‡K Av‡M †`L‡Z cviZvg Z‡e Avwg †Zvgv‡K mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z cviZvg|)
2.   2.     If I had got student visa, I would gone to Australia.
        (hw` Avwg QvÎ wfmv †cZvg Z‡e Avwg A‡óvwjqv †h‡Z cviZvg|)
3.   3.  If I had met him before,  I would have gone.
     (hw` Avwg Zvi Av‡M Av‡M mv¶vZ Ki‡Z cviZvg Z‡e Avwg †mLv‡b †h‡Z cviZvg|)
4.   4.     If I had seen him,  I would have punished him.
     (hw` Avwg Zv‡K †`LZvg Z‡e Avwg Zv‡K kvw¯— w`‡Z cviZvg|)
5.  If I had found you, I would have told my problems.
    (hw` Avwg ‡Zvgv‡K †`LZvg Z‡e Avwg Avgvi mgm¨v¸‡jv ejZvg|)
6. Had I been a king, I would have helped the poor.
    (hw` Avwg ivRv nZvg Z‡e Avwg Mixe‡`i mvnvh¨ KiZvg|)
7.  Had I seen him, I would have not gone away.
      (hw` Avwg Zv‡K †`L‡Z cviZvg Z‡e Avwg `y‡i †h‡Z cviZvg bv|)



Rule: 21.  Relative Pronoun            ( Who / which / that / whose)

                Interrogative Pronoun (When / where / how / why / what / whom)

1. Who
‡h ... †m / whwb ... wZwb
6. Whom
Kv‡K
2. Which
hv .. Zv / †hwU ... †mwU
7. Whose
Kvi
3. Where
‡hLv‡b .. †mLv‡b
8.Why
‡Kb
4. What / Whatever
hv ... Zv
9. When / When ever
hLb ... ZLb / hLbB .. ZLbB
5. That
‡h ... †m / whwb ... wZwb
10. How
wKfv‡e

Use of “ Who” ( †h ... †m / whwb ... wZwb)
a) Who ( †h ... †m / whwb ... wZwb) Who e¨w³i bv‡gi cwie‡Z© e¨eüZ nq|
Structure:  He / she / the + any name + who +  verb ( be verb / have verb / do verb) + ob: / extension + verb
( be verb / have verb / do verb) + ob: / extension.
He / she / the + any name + who


To  1.  He who loves his country is a patriot.
    (whwb †`k‡K fvjev‡mb wZwb GKRb †`k †cÖwgK)
2.   2.     The man who came here  yesterday is my father.
  (‡h †jvKwU MZKvj GLv‡b G‡mwQ‡jb wZwb Avgvi evev|)
3.   3.  He who teaches us is a teacher.
  (whwb Avgv‡`i‡K wk¶v †`b wZwb GKRb wk¶K|)
4.   4.     The boy who is honest can never tell a lie.
     (‡h evjKwU mr †m KLbI wg_¨v K_v ej‡Z cv‡i bv|)




b) Who ( †h / whwb)  Who e¨w³i bv‡gi cwie‡Z© e¨eüZ nq|
Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob: + who + verb + ob / extension.
Subject +  verb + ob: + who


To  1.  I have a brother who lives in London.
    (Avgvi GKwU fvB Av‡Q †h jÛ‡b evm K‡i|)
2.   2.     I know the man who came here yesterday.
      (Avwg †jvKwU ‡jvKwU‡K wPwb whwb MZKvj GLv‡b G‡mwQ‡jb|)
3.   3.  Habib had a brother who was a doctor.
    (nvwe‡ei GKwU fvB wQj whwb GKRb Wv³vi wQ‡jb|)
4.   4.     Tell Him who stole your pen
     (Zv‡K ej †K †Zvgvi Kjg Pzwi K‡iwQj)
5. Show me who is your brother among the boys.
   (Avgv‡K †`LvI evjK¸‡jvi g‡a¨ †K †Zvgvi fvB|)



c) It is I / he / she / we /  you / they + who ( AvwgB / †mB BZ¨vw`) ev‡K¨ †Rvo cÖ`vb K‡i|
Structure:  It is I / he / she / we / they + who + verb ( Subject  Abyhv‡q Who Gi c‡i Subject wU emv‡Z n‡e|)
Subject  verb + ob: + who


To  1.  It is I who am a doctor in this village.
    (GB MÖv‡g AvwgB GKRb Wv³vi|)
2.   2.     It is you who have done the work.
        (ZzwgB KvRwU K‡i‡Qv|)
3.   3.  It is he who can help the poor.
    (‡mB Mixe‡`i mvnvh¨ Ki‡Z cv‡i|)




Use of “Which” ( hv .. Zv / †hwU ... †mwU)

a) Which (†h ... †mwU ) Which e¯‘i bv‡gi cwie‡Z© e¨eüZ nq|
Structure:  The + e¯‘i bvg + which + Be verb /  Be verb + g~j verb Gi Past Participle + verb + ob / extension.
                    Subject
The + e¯‘i bvg + which

To 1.The mobile which is bought from Dhaka is very costly.
    (‡h †gvevBjwU XvKv †_‡K †Kbv n‡q‡Q †mwU Lye `vgx|)
2.   2.     The watch which is made in Japan works very well.
      (Zvi GKwU †cvlv weovj Av‡Q hv mv`v|)
3.   3.  The machines which are imported from China is very cheap.
    (Pvqbv †_‡K Avg`vbxK…Z hš¿cvwZ¸‡jv Lye m¯—v)
4.   4.     The plane which was crashed on the way of London was the Bangladeshi plane.
      (‡h †c­bwU jÛ‡bi c‡_ weaŸ¯— n‡qwQj †mwU wQj evsjv‡`kx †c­b|)
5.      The water which is pure is necessary for us.
        (‡h cvwb weï× †mwU Avgv‡`i Rb¨ cÖ‡qvRbxq|)











b) Which ( hv ) Which e¯‘i bv‡gi cwie‡Z© e¨eüZ nq|
Structure:  Sub: + verb + ob: + which + verb + ob / extension.
Subject + verb + ob: + which


To  1.  I have a pen which is very costly.
    (Avgvi GKwU fvB Av‡Q †h jÛ‡b evm K‡i|)
2.   2.     He had a pet cat which is white.
      (Zvi GKwU †cvlv weovj Av‡Q hv mv`v|)
3.   3.  My uncle lives in a house which is close to a hill.
    (Avgvi PvPv GKwU evwo‡Z evm K‡i hv GKwU cvnv‡oi wbK‡U)
4.   4.     I saw two snakes which were swimming in the pond.
      (Avwg `yBwU mvc †`‡LwQjvg hv cyKz‡i muvZvi KvUw”Qj)
5. The writer lived in a house which belonged to the orphanage.
(‡jLKwU GKwU evwo‡Z evm Ki‡Zb hv GKwU GwZgLvbvi AwaKv‡i wQj|)
6. A good student knows which is important for him.
(GKRb fvj QvÎ Rv‡b †h welqwU Zvi Rb¨ ¸i“Z¡c~b©|)



c) It / This is + any e¯‘i bvg + which
Structure:   It is + any e¯‘i bvg + which + Be verb / g~j verb / Be verb + g~j verb Gi Past Participle + extension.
It / This is + any e¯‘i bvg + which

To  1.  It is health which is wealth
        (BnvB ¯^v¯’¨ hv m¤ú`|)
2.   2.     It is Cox’s Bazar which is the longest sea-beach in the world.
      (BnvB KK&ªevRvi hv c„w_exi me‡P‡q eo mgy`ª ˆmKZ|)
3.   3.  It is love which lies in all.
     (Bnv fvjevmv hv mevi gv‡S weivRgvb)
4.   4.     Love is divine which comes from heaven.
      (fvjevmv ¯^Mx©q hv ¯^M© †_‡K Av‡m)
5. Cyclone is a calamity which damages our crops.
(mvB‡K¬vb GKwU `y‡h©vM hv Avgv‡`i dm‡ji ¶wZ K‡i|)


d) Which (‡h .. †mwU ) Which e¯‘i bv‡gi cwie‡Z© e¨eüZ nq|
Structure:  Sub: + verb + any e¯‘i bvg + which + Sub: + verb + extension.
Subject + Verb  + any e¯‘i bvg + which

To  1.  You bought the mobile which I liked.
     (Zzwg †h †gevBjwU wK‡bwQj †mwU Avwg cQ›` K‡iwQjvg|)
2.   2.     Nahid gave me the pen which I lost yesterday.
      (bvwn` Avgv‡K †h KjgwU w`‡qwQj †mwU Avwg MZKvj nvwi‡q †d‡jwQjvg|)
3.   3.  You wanted the book which I was reading.
      (Zzwg †h eBwU †P‡qwQj †mwU Avwg cwo‡ZwQjvg)
4.   4.     The teacher discussed the matter in the class which I could not understan.
      (wk¶K †h welqwU K¬v‡m Av‡jvPbv K‡iwQj †mwU Avwg eyS‡Z cvwiwb|)


কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন